The Covid-19 Pandemic has made conditions tough for many businesses in the last year.
If you have a small business that’s experienced difficulty recently, there may be services available to help you through.
The ATO has a range of support available for small businesses experiencing difficult situations, such as natural disasters, mental health challenges or financial hardship.
Depending on your circumstances, they may be able to:
- give you extra time to pay your tax
- set up a payment plan tailored to your situation
- re-issue tax returns, activity statements and notices of assessment if you need to access government payments or concessions
- help you reconstruct lost or damaged tax records
- prioritise any refunds you are owed
- remit penalties or interest charged during the time you have been affected.
Finally, the Small Business Debt Helpline (1800 413 828) is available for free, independent and confidential advice. Support for your business in difficult times | Australian Taxation Office (ato.gov.au)