With many teams returning to offices after a long time working from home, new considerations arise around people’s health and safety in the workplace.
Much of the advice for businesses revolves around tighter hygiene stipulations such as:
- Encouraging the use of face masks.
- Making sure people with even the mildest symptoms stay home.
- Making sure all employees abide by restrictions, such as encouraging them to avoid large gatherings.
- Promote regular, thorough hand washing with accessible sanitiser stations available.
- Regularly disinfecting and wiping down surfaces.
- Maintaining a distance of 1.5 m at all times.
Downloadable infographics for your workplace are available from the World Health Organisation.
Safe Work Australia has recently launched a new hub, with abundant resources to help protect your staff and your business. User-friendly resources such as infographics and checklists are available, as well as guides on conducting risk assessments.