It’s time to say goodbye to the multiple paper forms that have been required when hiring a new employee.
Simply ask your new hire to use the pre-filled Tax file number declaration and Super Choice form via the ATO online services account linked through their myGov login.
All you need to do is provide the employee with:
- your ABN
- the type of employment they will be hired under (e.g. full time, part time or casual)
- your nominated default super fund’s details, including:
- the fund’s full name
- the fund’s unique superannuation identifier (USI)
- the fund’s ABN.
Once the employee prints and sends the completed form summary you can:
- determine how much tax to withhold from their payments
- pay super into their chosen fund.
- keep it for your records (you don’t need to send it to the ATO).